Get a good night sleep with the 10 best CBN gummies for sleep! Is CBN really that powerful as a sleep aid? Here we discover the research into its benefits and highlight the best CBN gummies for sleep. Best CBN Gummies For Sleep : Reviews And Buying Guide 2022 In recent years, CBN has become the hottest trend in the self-care department. The explosion of cannabinoids has reserved an honorable
10 Best CBN Gummies For Sleep
Getting a good night’s sleep is essential for overall health and well-being, but it can be tough to get the recommended seven to nine hours of shut-eye each night. Luckily, there are a variety of products on the market that may help.
CBN gummies for sleep are one popular option, and they come in a range of formulations to suit different needs. While some people prefer other types of CBN products, gummies taste great and are easy to use.
To help you find the best CBN gummies for sleep, we’ve rounded up 10 great options to try.
If you’re ready to jump right in, we recommend taking a look at these brands:
- OUR TOP PICK:FOCL CBD + CBN Sleep Gummies (high potency) (CBN only)
- Try The CBDGummies (CBD, CBN & CBG)
To browse the full list and learn more about CBN sleep gummies, keep on reading below.
Check out this article if you’re looking for recommendations on the best CBD gummies for sleep.
This is not medical advice. CBN, CBD and CBG are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Products are intended for 18+ years old. The effects vary for everyone. Always check with your doctor before taking any supplement.
What are CBN gummies for sleep?
Cannabinol, or CBN, is one of the 100+ cannabinoids that are found in the cannabis plant. CBN is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid meaning it does not contain psychoactive properties and will not make you “high”.
While research is ongoing for CBN and all cannabinoids, many people find CBN has helped them with sleep, anxiety and pain relief.
CBN gummies for sleep are available from a wide range of reputable companies. As you’ll see in the list below, CBN gummies come in many formulations and flavors.
Some gummies contain only CBN, while many combine CBN + CBD to help facilitate the entourage effect.
Some sleep gummies also contain additional ingredients known to promote better sleep like melatonin, elderberry, passion flower and L-Theanine.
10 Best CBN Gummies For Sleep
Below you’ll find 10 great CBN gummy options from trusted brands. To find the best fit for you, be sure to carefully review the amount of CBN in each product.
Also, take a look at other included cannabinoids (like CBD or CBG) plus any other added ingredients.
Table of Contents
1. FOCL CBD + CBN Sleep Gummies
These CBD + CBN gummies for sleep also contain passion flower extract and L-Theanine (from green tea) to help you get a better night’s sleep. With 15mg CBN per gummy, these are some of the most potent on the list.
Unlike some traditional gummies, these chews have a very soft texture and a pleasantly fruity, berry flavor that isn’t too sugary sweet.
About FOCL CBN Sleep Gummies
- 25mg of premium CBD + 15mg of CBN per gummy
- Vegan and non-GMGMOontains broad-spectrum hemp CBD, organic CBN, passion flower extract and L-theanine
- Free shipping on all orders
- 60-day money-back guarantee
2. American Shaman CBNight CBN Gummies
CBD American Shaman first developed their CBNight Water Soluble CBN Oil. After rave reviews from reporting better sleep, the company used the oil to create a tasty CBN gummy.
If you’re looking for a product with ONLY CBN, this is a good choice. You’ll notice these gummies contain only CBN, no CBD, THC or other sleep aids.
About CBNight CBN Gummies For Sleep
- 2mg CBN per gummy
- Organic, non-GMO hemp grown in the USA
- No THC
- Watermelon, Blackberry, Tropical Fruit, Raspberry, Green Apple, Peach
3. Try The CBD Gummies With CBD, CBN & CBG
These gummies contain a powerhouse trio of CBD, CBN and CBG. A great way to decide if a product is right for you is to check out reviews from other users.
These CBD gummies with CBN have over 90 reviews with an average 4.8/5.0 rating. Satisfied customers mention better sleep, help with insomnia, a sense of relaxation and reduced anxiety.
About Try The CBD Gummies
- 30mg CBD per gummy plus CBN and CBG
- Broad spectrum CBD oil
- Organically grown non-GMO hemp from Colorado
- Vegan, gluten-free, no artificial ingredients or additives
- Contains no THC, non-psychoactive
- Organic ingredients include Cane sugar, Tapioca syrup, Grape juice concentrate, Annatto, Turmeric, Black Carrot Juice Concentrate
4. BATCH Nighttime CBD + CBN Gummies
Batch CBD started as a passion project by three lifelong friends. With a background in chemistry and entrepreneurial spirit, they were one of the first companies accepted into the Wisconsin Hemp Pilot Program.
About Batch CBN Gummies
- 25 mg CBD + 15mg CBN per gummy
- Also contains 25mg passion flower extract and 50mg of L-Theanine per gummy
- Full-spectrum, no THC
- Natural raspberry flavor from fruit
- 100% organic, Wisconsin-grown hemp
- Free shipping on orders over $25
- Subscribe and save for 25%
5. ReThink Vegan Better Sleep Gummies
The name says it all with these gummies! The blueberry-flavored gummies contain CBD and CBN, plus melatonin to help you fall asleep and stay asleep.
About ReThink Sleep Gummies With CBN And Melatonin
- 45mg CBD and 5mg CBN per gummy
- Broad Spectrum CBD; zero THC
- Also contains 7mg of melatonin
- USA Grown Hemp
- Vegan gummies
- Blueberry flavor
- 100% guarantee
- Free shipping
6. CBDistillery CBN + CBD Sleep Gummies
These sleep gummies are specially formulated to help you catch your zzzz’s! They contain a 1-to-3 ratio of CBN and CBD that work together to promote better, natural sleep.
About CBDistillery Sleep Gummies
- 15mg CBD + 5mg CBN per gummy
- Full spectrum hemp extract; less than 0.3% THC
- US Hemp Authority certified
- Third-party lab tested
- Non-GMO hemp oil
- Elderberry flavor
- Organic cane sugar, tapioca syrup, lemon oil and natural flavors
- 60-day money-back guarantee
7. Kush Queen RX Sleep CBN+CBD Chews
These sleep gummies help calm and relax with a 1:1 ratio of CBN to CBD. Kush Queen uses the highest quality US-grown hemp and proudly handcrafts these CBN gummies in small batches.
About Kush Queen CBN Gummies For Sleep And Calm
- 15mg CBN + 15mg CBD per gummy
- Hemp-derived CBN and CBD from Pacific Northwest
- Full spectrum hemp extract
- Contains less than 0.3% THC
- Mixed berry flavor
- Third-party lab tested
8. Extract Labs Full Spectrum CBN Gummies PM Formula
These popular CBN gummies are made with natural ingredients and high-quality full-spectrum hemp oil. They have a 1:3 ratio of CBN to CBD to help promote better sleep, relaxation, calmness and overall wellness.
About Extract Labs CBN Gummies PM Formula
- 10mg CBN + 30mg CBD per gummy
- Full spectrum hemp oil
- American-grown hemp
- Non-GMO ingredients
- Contains certified organic ingredients
- Lemonade, mixed berry and orange cream flavors
- Sugar-coated gummies
9. Onyx + Rose Slumber Party Gummies
Sweet dreams start with these watermelon and green apple flavored Slumber Party Sleep Gummies from Onyx + Rose! These gummies feature a propriety blend of CBD, CBN, and melatonin.
About Onyx + Rose Sleep Gummies With CBN
- 20mg CBD + 5mg CBN per gummy
- 3mg melatonin
- 0.00% THC
- Organically grown hemp
- Gluten-free, vegan, cruelty-free
- Watermelon and green apple flavors
- 100% happiness guarantee
10. Wyld CBD + CBN Elderberry Gummies
Wyld CBD is known for offering great flavors and these elderberry-flavored gummies are no different. These CBD + CBN gummies are infused with real fruit to taste great while preparing you for sleep.
About Wyld Gummies With CBN
- 25mg CBD + 5mg CBN per gummy
- USA broad spectrum hemp extract, THC free
- Vegan, gluten-free
- Made with real fruit
What is the difference between CBD and CBN?
CBD is the most popular cannabinoid. People use it for relaxation, anxiety, pain relief and more.
It’s available in all types of products like gummies, coffee, chocolate, honey, seltzers, lollipops and more. It’s even available for pets with products like CBD dog treats, oils and peanut butter, and CBD oils for cats.
CBD and CBN are cannabinoids from the cannabis plant. They also both interact with the human endocannabinoid system, but they have different effects on the body.
CBD research is more extensive and established than CBN. CBD research areas include anxiety, seizures, and pain. CBN has not been studied as much, but some research is ongoing in the areas of sleep, stimulating appetite, and pain treatment.
Does CBN help insomnia?
More research is required for a definitive answer. However, countless customer reviews indicate that products containing CBN have helped them sleep better.
Does CBN help with deep sleep?
Currently, there is no strong scientific research that indicates if CBN helps people fall asleep and stay asleep. However, there are many CBN products, like the CBN gummies for sleep in this list, with numerous customer comments mentioning improved quality of sleep.
What are CBN gummies good for?
CBN is currently being studied for sleep, insomnia, pain relief, fibromyalgia and neuroprotective properties.
How much CBN do you need for sleep?
Everyone reacts differently to CBN. Be sure to consult your doctor to make sure CBN is right for you. If it’s a good fit, your heath care provider can help you determine the best dosage for your situation.
Each CBN product has different instructions for use. Dosage will depend on the strength, ingredients and formulation. The CBN gummies for sleep in this article range from 2mg to 15mg CBN per gummy.
Can you take melatonin with CBN?
Melatonin is a popular sleep supplement. Several of the products in our list contain both CBN and melatonin. Consult with your healthcare provider to make sure the combination of melatonin and CBN is right for you.
We hope this list of the best CBN gummies for sleep has you resting easy and sleeping like a baby in no time!
Best CBN Gummies for Sleep & Insomnia in 2022
CBN — or cannabinol — is a minor cannabinoid praised for its alleged sleep benefits. CBN gummies are relatively new on the market, but due to the buzz around their sedative properties, they’ve already garnered much attention from cannabis users and people struggling with sleep issues.
In this article, we shed light on CBN, its health benefits, and common misconceptions about this cannabinoid. We also review the best CBN gummies from reputable suppliers, focusing on their formulas, hemp source, cannabinoid spectrum, and lab reports.
Continue reading to discover more about using CBN gummies for sleep.
Best CBN Gummies for Sleep
1. Area 52 CBN Gummies
|Type of Extract||Full Spectrum|
|CBN Potency||25 mg|
|CBD Potency||25 mg|
|Additional Ingredients||Passionflower, 5-HTP, lemon balm, l-theanine, chamomile, melatonin|
Area 52 is a company based in California. It specializes in full-spectrum cannabinoid-based extractions. Area 52 started out as a delta 8 THC brand first, but after succeeding with its initial collection, it expanded the line-up with CBD, CBG, and CBN products.
The Area 52 gummies contain a 1:1 ratio between CBN and CBD, and a blend of sleep-inducing terpenes, such as myrcene and humulene.
The formula has been infused with common natural sleep aids (I describe them in the sections below), such as passionflower, melatonin, 5-HTP, chamomile, l-theanine, and lemon balm.
This pacifying blend, along with a well-thought-out phytocannabinoid profile, makes these gummies a great companion for the nights when you can’t get that desired 8 hours of shut eyes.
All of Area 52 products are extracted from non-GMO, pesticide-free hemp and come with batch-specific certificates of analysis (COA).
2. Gold Bee CBN Gummies
|Type of Extract||Full Spectrum|
|CBN Potency||25 mg|
|CBD Potency||25 mg|
|Additional Ingredients||Passionflower, 5-HTP, lemon balm, l-theanine, chamomile, melatonin|
Gold Bee was launched in 2019 as a brand specializing in CBD extractions. Today, the brand is a true wellness powerhouse, offering CBD, CBN, and Kava products for health-conscious consumers.
What sets Gold Bee apart from most of the competition is its attitude toward quality. Gold Bee’s products are made with all-organic ingredients and certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority.
Moreover, every product batch is thoroughly tested in an ISO-certified lab for potency, pesticides, herbicides, solvents, and microbial impurities; you can view the certificates of analysis on the company’s website.
About the Gold Bee gummies, they feature the same formula as Area 52, with the 1:1 ratio of CBD to CBN (25 mg), terpenes, and natural sleep enhancers like chamomile, passionflower, lemon balm, l-theanine, melatonin, and 5-HTP.
The only difference is that these gummies come in a strawberry flavor.
What is CBN?
Cannabinol (CBN) is a naturally occurring cannabinoid found in hemp and marijuana — two types of cannabis. It doesn’t have intoxicating properties but has been long touted for its sedative effects — although this topic isn’t as clear as it seems to be.
We’ll get to that later in the article.
Back to the point, CBN is a minor cannabinoid because it doesn’t occur in significant concentrations in regular cannabis plants.
Unlike other cannabinoids, which are synthesized from the “mother cannabinoid” cannabigerolic acid (CBGa), CBN is formed from THC.
In other words, THC and its precursors tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCa) degrade over time into CBN and CBNa, respectively, over time when exposed to air.
CBN offers an array of potential health benefits. As I mentioned earlier, it’s becoming increasingly popular as a sleep aid.
CBN products can be extracted in a variety of ways, including using specifically-bred cannabis plants, converting THC into CBN, and even converting CBD into THC — and then into CBN.
How is CBN Different from CBD?
Both cannabinoids are intoxicating, so they won’t get you high. They can be found in both regular cannabis and hemp, the low-THC subspecies of the plant.
However, while both CBD and CBN share some similar therapeutic properties, CBN is a distinct cannabinoid, and researchers are working hard to determine how they could use it as a potential treatment for a range of health conditions.
For example, CBD is known to be a potent anti-anxiety compound. CBN, on the other hand, doesn’t seem to affect our stress response and anxiety levels.
How Are CBN Gummies Made?
CBN gummies are made in a very similar way as other cannabinoid-infused gummies. They use the same appealing gummy base, sweeteners, and acid regulators as regular gummies.
The only difference is the type of extract because CBN gummies are made with full-spectrum CBN hemp oil or with CBN distillate blended with terpenes. They can be molded into different shapes and sizes, or sprinkled with a sour coating.
Depending on the brand and type of extracts, the gummies may contain anywhere from 10 mg to 50 mg of CBN.
Does CBN Really Help You Sleep?
CBN, just like CBD for sleep, has gained a reputation as a powerful sedative. However, the belief surrounding its sedating properties is based on one small study that leaves a bit to be desired when it comes to methodology and data quality.
According to various observations, CBN occurs in higher concentrations in aged cannabis, which seems to work remarkably well for sleep.
However, as noted by a reputable cannabis researcher Dr. Ethan Russo, CBN doesn’t produce sedative effects on its own. Instead, the sedation may be caused by the higher levels of oxygenated terpenes — another potential reason why aged cannabis is such a potent sleep aid.
Another possibility is that CBN might amplify the sleep-inducing properties of other cannabinoids. This was shown in a 1975 study that analyzed the effects of CBN and THC on sleep.
The authors concluded that isolated CBN didn’t make people more sleepy. However, when CBN occurred alongside THC and terpenes, it potentiated its sedative effects.
Nevertheless, one small and old study isn’t enough to draw definitive conclusions about the sedative sleep properties of CBD.
According to a 2021 review of studies, “… there is insufficient published evidence to support sleep-related claims. Randomized controlled trials are needed to substantiate claims made by manufacturers of cannabis products containing CBN.”
So, long story short, CBN may improve the sedating effects of other cannabis compounds, so it makes sense to look for full-spectrum hemp products with high levels of CBN. But the current evidence is limited and not strong enough to support claims that CBN is a sleep aid.
Research suggests that the health benefits of CBN may reach beyond its sleep-inducing properties. Here’s what the scientific literature tells us about them:
- In a 2005 study, researchers found that CBN slowed the onset of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), suggesting it may act as a neuroprotectant.
- A 2008 study concluded that CBN has antibacterial properties.
- A 2012 study found that CBN increased food intake in rats, meaning it could act as an appetite stimulant.
- A 2016 study reported that CBN has anti-inflammatory qualities.
- A 2019 study pointed to CBN as a potential muscle relaxant and analgesic.
- In a 1984 study, the authors noted that CBN reduces ocular pressure, which may be useful for glaucoma.
The above examples are just a few indicators that CBN has a wide range of potential health benefits, including pain-relieving, anti-inflammatory, appetite-stimulating, and neuroprotective effects.
However, this is still preliminary research, so we can expect to see more studies being conducted in the coming years.
Is CBN Safe?
Current evidence doesn’t say much about the side effects of CBN. However, that’s caused by the lack of research.
Once more studies are performed, we can expect to see similar potential side effects to other cannabinoids, such as dry mouth, red eyes, and dizziness.
Fortunately, it’s impossible to fatally overdose on cannabinoids because they don’t interact with the brainstem regions responsible for controlling respiratory functions.
Are CBN Gummies Legal?
CBN is completely legal — and so are other minor cannabinoids. However, they must meet two requirements:
- They must be derived from hemp, a type of cannabis with 0.3% or less THC
- The final product must also contain 0.3% or less THC.
You can try finding CBN products somewhere near you, but since the subject is relatively new, the majority of high-quality CBN gummies for sleep are available only online.
How Many CBN Gummies Should You Eat for Sleep?
There are no official guidelines on dosing CBN for sleep due to a lack of sufficient research.
Besides, there are many individual factors that determine the optimal dosage of cannabinoids for every person. This includes body weight, tolerance, expected effects, and the type of extract you’re using.
If CBN dosage is the same as CBD’s dosage range, then the best way to figure out your dosage range is to start with low amounts of CBN gummies and wait for about two hours after a dose to see how the effects will develop.
Once you know how your body responds to certain doses of CBN, you can increase your intake to test what higher levels of CBN feel like.
How to Buy CBN Gummies
Much like the CBD market, the CBN space is unregulated when it comes to manufacturing and labeling standards. It’s important to be aware of several risks associated with buying CBN gummies for sleep online. Most importantly, you’ll need to run a thorough check on your potential vendor to make sure the product contains as much CBN as stated on the jar and is safe for consumption.
Here are the most important features to tick off.
Just because a company says it offers CBN gummies, that doesn’t necessarily mean CBN will be the main active compound.
They could be regular CBD gummies infused with a small amount of CBN, yet large enough to mention it among the other ingredients.
Read the product description carefully and make sure there’s enough CBN in your gummies. Anything with less than 5 mg of CBN per serving is a waste of money.
I always encourage people to make an effort and take a look at the lab reports of your CBN gummies. Third-party lab reports come from an independent laboratory that can confirm the cannabinoid levels and purity of such products.
Although the CBD industry has matured since its birth, there are still many companies that ignore lab testing — being either unaware of its importance or simply doing that on purpose to save some money.
Choosing third-party tested brands is the best way to ensure your CBN gummies are safe.
Type of CBN
Like CBD, CBN products are available in three main types:
- Full-spectrum CBN: this type contains a certain dose of CBN alongside CBD, other cannabinoids, terpenes, and trace amounts of THC. When buying full-spectrum products, you should check whether the main ingredient is CBD, CBG, or CBN.
- Broad-spectrum CBN: – these extracts are very similar to full-spectrum ones, except for the lack of THC, which is removed further during extraction.
- Pure CBN: also known as CBN isolate, pure cannabinol doesn’t contain other ingredients.
According to the current consensus, full-spectrum CBN products are more effective than their pure counterparts because of the synergism coming from the entourage effect between cannabinoids and terpenes. Therefore, if you’re looking to get the most out of supplementation, I recommend full-spectrum CBN gummies for sleep.
Just because your gummies are labeled as “CBN gummies” doesn’t necessarily mean it will be the main active compound.
Again, make sure to read the product label. If the amount of CBN is lower than advertised or there’s a higher ratio of CBD to CBN, then you might be looking at a rip-off.
I always choose reputable brands with positive customer feedback to make sure I’m getting a legitimate product. The company’s transparency should be top-notch, including disclosing information about hemp sources, third-party test results, and other information that indicates reliability.
CBN extracts are more difficult to obtain, which is often reflected in the price of CBN gummies. They’re usually a bit more expensive than CBD gummies. That being said, it’s totally possible to find a brand that combines high-quality CBD with affordable prices. Always look at the cost per milligram (mg) of CBD.
Other Natural Supplements for Sleep
CBN is just one of the many natural remedies for sleep. Keep in mind that the sedating effects of CBN gummies might just as well stem from the oxidation of terpenes from the source strain; or from the amplification of the sedating effects of other cannabinoids by CBN.
Looking for other natural supplements for sleep besides CBD gummies?
Here are some of the best-researched sleep aids.
Melatonin is a natural hormone that signals your brain it’s time to go to bed.
The melatonin cycle production is influenced by the time of day — its levels naturally go higher in the evening and drop in the morning.
That’s why melatonin supplements have become a popular nightcap, particularly in cases involving a disrupted melatonin cycle.
According to several studies, melatonin improves sleep duration and quality. That’s particularly important for individuals with tight schedules that require them to sleep during the daytime (e.g. shift workers).
In addition, melatonin may improve overall sleep quality in people with sleep disorders. In essence, melatonin seems to reduce the time people need to enter the first stage of sleep — also known as sleep latency — and increase the total amount we spend sleeping.
Melatonin supplements have a good safety profile for adults when used as a means of intervention as well as in the long run.
Chamomile is an herb known for its subtle floral flavor and potential calming benefits.
Chamomile contains an antioxidant known as apigenin, which can support muscle relaxation and healthy sleep.
A review of 12 studies has concluded that chamomile was able to safely improve sleep quality — although it didn’t show significant improvements in individuals with insomnia.
Another study found that chamomile reduced the number of sleep-difficulty-related symptoms in women compared with a control group.
Nevertheless, research is still limited to fully understanding how chamomile tea may affect sleep quality.
The lavender plant appears on almost every continent. It yields purple flowers that can be used for a wide range of household purposes when dried.
Furthermore, lavender’s floral fragrance is believed to calm the mind and improve sleep.
Studies show that taking a waft of lavender essential oil shortly before going to bed can enhance sleep quality. This effect is especially noticeable in those with mild insomnia — particularly in women and younger people.
A small study on dementia patients also reports that lavender can reduce sleep disturbances symptoms.
That being said, lavender essential oils shouldn’t be consumed orally, as it may lead to nausea and stomach pain. This supplement is dedicated exclusively to aromatherapy.
Magnesium is a mineral that controls hundreds of processes in the human body that are essential for proper brain function and cardiovascular help.
Magnesium may also calm the mind and body, making it a potential sleep aid.
Magnesium’s relaxing effects can be attributed to its ability to regulate the release of melatonin. Magnesium is also a muscle relaxant.
According to one study, a combination of magnesium, melatonin, and vitamin B was effective at easing insomnia across all subjects.
Insufficient levels of magnesium in your body may be the cause of poor sleep quality and disturbances.
On the other hand, increasing the amount of magnesium in your diet and supplementation can help you optimize the quality and quantity of your sleep.
In another study, participants took 500 mg of magnesium or a placebo in the same dose. The magnesium group benefited from overall improvements in sleep quality, showing higher blood levels of melatonin and renin.
Still, it’s not certain whether these effects would be reflected on a younger group because the study involved older adults, who have lower levels of magnesium, to begin with.
Passionflower is associated with sleep improvements. In a recent study of people with insomnia, individuals who took passionflower extract for 2 weeks reported significant improvements in certain sleep markers compared with a placebo group.
Those parameters included:
- Total sleep time
- The ratio of time spent sleeping to lying awake in bed
- Wake time after sleep onset
However, an older study compared the effects of a 1.2-gram passionflower extract with conventional sleeping pills and a placebo — finding no difference between the efficacy of passionflower and the two.
Although more studies are needed, it’s worth noting that supplementation with passionflower is safe for adult users.
Glycine is an amino acid that has a significant effect on the activity of the nervous system. Studies show it may also help enhance sleep quality.
Though the exact mechanism is unknown, glycine is believed to act in part by lowering body temperature in the evening, prompting the brain that it’s time to go to bed.
One 2006 study discovered that participants who consumed 3 grams of glycine reported feeling less tired the next morning than the placebo group. They also said that their focus, clearheadedness, and attention span were also improved.
A study conducted one year later showed that glycine improved objective measures of sleep quality compared with the placebo group. Glycine supplements also helped participants enter the first stage of sleep faster.
Interestingly, glycine may also improve daytime performance in people suffering from temporary sleep deprivation according to one small study. The study found that 3 grams of glycine were enough to reduce fatigue and daytime sleepiness; it also showed better results than the placebo.
Valerian is an herb native to Europe and Asia. Its root has been popular as a treatment for symptoms of anxiety, depression, and menopause in folk medicine.
The root is also one of the most commonly used sleep inducers in the United States and Europe.
However, research is still inconclusive.
According to randomized controlled trials, menopausal and postmenopausal women have seen their sleep quality and sleep disorder symptoms improve after valerian supplementation.
Two other literature reviews also highlighted the benefits of valerian for sleep, stating that 300–900 mg of valerian taken just before bedtime may improve self-reported sleep quality.
However, it’s worth noting that the assessments surrounding the efficacy of valerian for sleep came from subjective reports and thus aren’t of the highest quality as far as data collection is concerned.
Key Takeaways on the Best CBN Gummies for Sleep
CBN gummies are another trending topic on the market after CBD, CBG, and Delta 8 THC. They are gaining popularity due to their supposed benefits for sleep.
But, relying solely on CBN when it comes to improving your sleep and regulating sleep cycles isn’t the best option due to the limited evidence that the cannabinoid alone can provide a significant change.
That being said, there’s a growing body of evidence supporting the theory that higher levels of CBN in cannabis extracts can potentiate the sedating properties of other cannabinoids, such as THC. Strains rich in CBN also have higher concentrations of oxidized terpenes, which are known to cause sedation.
Just make sure to consult your doctor before taking CBN, especially if you have an underlying medical condition.
- Tahir, M. N., Shahbazi, F., Rondeau-Gagné, S., & Trant, J. F. (2021). The biosynthesis of the cannabinoids. Journal of cannabis research, 3(1), 7. https://doi.org/10.1186/s42238-021-00062-4 
- Russo E. B. (2011). Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects. British journal of pharmacology, 163(7), 1344–1364. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2011.01238.x
- Karniol, I. G., Shirakawa, I., Takahashi, R. N., Knobel, E., & Musty, R. E. (1975). Effects of delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabinol in man. Pharmacology, 13(6), 502–512. https://doi.org/10.1159/000136944
- Corroon J. (2021). Cannabinol and Sleep: Separating Fact from Fiction. Cannabis and cannabinoid research, 6(5), 366–371. https://doi.org/10.1089/can.2021.0006
- Weydt, P., Hong, S., Witting, A., Möller, T., Stella, N., & Kliot, M. (2005). Cannabinol delays symptom onset in SOD1 (G93A) transgenic mice without affecting survival. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and other motor neuron disorders: official publication of the World Federation of Neurology, Research Group on Motor Neuron Diseases, 6(3), 182–184. https://doi.org/10.1080/14660820510030149
- Appendino, G., Gibbons, S., Giana, A., Pagani, A., Grassi, G., Stavri, M., Smith, E., & Rahman, M. M. (2008). Antibacterial cannabinoids from Cannabis sativa: a structure-activity study. Journal of natural products, 71(8), 1427–1430. https://doi.org/10.1021/np8002673
- Farrimond, J. A., Whalley, B. J., & Williams, C. M. (2012). Cannabinol and cannabidiol exert opposing effects on rat feeding patterns. Psychopharmacology, 223(1), 117–129. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00213-012-2697-x
- Zurier, R. B., & Burstein, S. H. (2016). Cannabinoids, inflammation, and fibrosis. FASEB journal: official publication of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, 30(11), 3682–3689. https://doi.org/10.1096/fj.201600646R
- Wong, H., & Cairns, B. E. (2019). Cannabidiol, cannabinol, and their combinations act as peripheral analgesics in a rat model of myofascial pain. Archives of oral biology, 104, 33–39. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.archoralbio.2019.05.028
- Colasanti, B. K., Craig, C. R., & Allara, R. D. (1984). Intraocular pressure, ocular toxicity, and neurotoxicity after administration of cannabinol or cannabigerol. Experimental eye research, 39(3), 251–259. https://doi.org/10.1016/0014-4835(84)90013-7
- Lucas, C. J., Galettis, P., & Schneider, J. (2018). The pharmacokinetics and the pharmacodynamics of cannabinoids. British journal of clinical pharmacology, 84(11), 2477–2482. https://doi.org/10.1111/bcp.13710
- Sadeghniiat-Haghighi, K., Bahrami, H., Aminian, O., Meysami, A., & Khajeh-Mehrizi, A. (2016). Melatonin therapy in shift workers with difficulty falling asleep: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover field study. Work (Reading, Mass.), 55(1), 225–230. https://doi.org/10.3233/WOR-162376
- Ferracioli-Oda, E., Qawasmi, A., & Bloch, M. H. (2013). Meta-analysis: melatonin for the treatment of primary sleep disorders. PloS one, 8(5), e63773. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0063773
- Costello, R. B., Lentino, C. V., Boyd, C. C., O’Connell, M. L., Crawford, C. C., Sprengel, M. L., & Deuster, P. A. (2014). The effectiveness of melatonin for promoting healthy sleep: a rapid evidence assessment of the literature. Nutrition Journal, 13, 106. https://doi.org/10.1186/1475-2891-13-106
- Hieu, T. H., Dibas, M., Surya Dila, K. A., Sherif, N. A., Hashmi, M. U., Mahmoud, M., Trang, N., Abdullah, L., Nghia, T., Y, M. N., Hirayama, K., & Huy, N. T. (2019). Therapeutic efficacy and safety of chamomile for state anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder, insomnia, and sleep quality: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials and quasi-randomized trials. Phytotherapy research: PTR, 33(6), 1604–1615. https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.6349 
- Chang, S. M., & Chen, C. H. (2016). Effects of an intervention with drinking chamomile tea on sleep quality and depression in sleep disturbed postnatal women: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of advanced nursing, 72(2), 306–315. https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.12836
- Lillehei, A. S., Halcón, L. L., Savik, K., & Reis, R. (2015). Effect of Inhaled Lavender and Sleep Hygiene on Self-Reported Sleep Issues: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of alternative and complementary medicine (New York, N.Y.), 21(7), 430–438. https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2014.0327
- Koulivand, P. H., Khaleghi Ghadiri, M., & Gorji, A. (2013). Lavender and the nervous system. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine : eCAM, 2013, 681304. https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/681304
- Takeda, A., Watanuki, E., & Koyama, S. (2017). Effects of Inhalation Aromatherapy on Symptoms of Sleep Disturbance in the Elderly with Dementia. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine : eCAM, 2017, 1902807. https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/1902807
- Djokic, G., Vojvodić, P., Korcok, D., Agic, A., Rankovic, A., Djordjevic, V., Vojvodic, A., Vlaskovic-Jovicevic, T., Peric-Hajzler, Z., Matovic, D., Vojvodic, J., Sijan, G., Wollina, U., Tirant, M., Thuong, N. V., Fioranelli, M., & Lotti, T. (2019). The Effects of Magnesium – Melatonin – Vit B Complex Supplementation in Treatment of Insomnia. Open access Macedonian journal of medical sciences, 7(18), 3101–3105. https://doi.org/10.3889/oamjms.2019.771 
- Ikonte, C. J., Mun, J. G., Reider, C. A., Grant, R. W., & Mitmesser, S. H. (2019). Micronutrient Inadequacy in Short Sleep: Analysis of the NHANES 2005-2016. Nutrients, 11(10), 2335. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu11102335 
- Abbasi, B., Kimiagar, M., Sadeghniiat, K., Shirazi, M. M., Hedayati, M., & Rashidkhani, B. (2012). The effect of magnesium supplementation on primary insomnia in elderly: A double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Journal of research in medical sciences: the official journal of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, 17(12), 1161–1169.
- Lee, J., Jung, H. Y., Lee, S. I., Choi, J. H., & Kim, S. G. (2020). Effects of Passiflora incarnata Linnaeus on polysomnographic sleep parameters in subjects with insomnia disorder: a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled study. International clinical psychopharmacology, 35(1), 29–35. https://doi.org/10.1097/YIC.0000000000000291 
- Schulz, H., Jobert, M., & Hübner, W. D. (1998). The quantitative EEG as a screening instrument to identify sedative effects of single doses of plant extracts in comparison with diazepam. Phytomedicine: international journal of phytotherapy and phytopharmacology, 5(6), 449–458. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0944-7113(98)80041-X
- Inagawa, K., Hiraoka, T., Kohda, T. et al. Subjective effects of glycine ingestion before bedtime on sleep quality. Sleep Biol. Rhythms 4, 75–77 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1479-8425.2006.00193.x
- Yamadera, W., Inagawa, K., Chiba, S. et al. Glycine ingestion improves subjective sleep quality in human volunteers, correlating with polysomnographic changes. Sleep Biol. Rhythms 5, 126–131 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1479-8425.2007.00262.x
- Bannai, M., Kawai, N., Ono, K., Nakahara, K., & Murakami, N. (2012). The effects of glycine on subjective daytime performance in partially sleep-restricted healthy volunteers. Frontiers in neurology, 3, 61. https://doi.org/10.3389/fneur.2012.00061
- Taavoni, S., Nazem Ekbatani, N., & Haghani, H. (2013). Valerian/lemon balm use for sleep disorders during menopause. Complementary therapies in clinical practice, 19(4), 193–196. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctcp.2013.07.002
- Taavoni, S., Ekbatani, N., Kashaniyan, M., & Haghani, H. (2011). Effect of valerian on sleep quality in postmenopausal women: a randomized placebo-controlled clinical trial. Menopause (New York, N.Y.), 18(9), 951–955. https://doi.org/10.1097/gme.0b013e31820e9acf
- Bent, S., Padula, A., Moore, D., Patterson, M., & Mehling, W. (2006). Valerian for sleep: a systematic review and meta-analysis. The American journal of medicine, 119(12), 1005–1012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2006.02.026
Livvy is a registered nurse (RN) and board-certified nurse midwife (CNM) in the state of New Jersey. After giving birth to her newborn daughter, Livvy stepped down from her full-time position at the Children’s Hospital of New Jersey. This gave her the opportunity to spend more time writing articles on all topics related to pregnancy and prenatal care.
Best CBN Gummies For Sleep : Reviews And Buying Guide 2022
In recent years, CBN has become the hottest trend in the self-care department. The explosion of cannabinoids has reserved an honorable place for CBN, next to the ultimate favorite CBD.
But all cannabinoids have remarkable healing abilities. CBN, for instance, is known to have the greatest impact on sleep disorders. Manufacturers have used the lesser-known compound of hemp plants to design new formulas beneficial for human health. One of them is the most delicious CBN gummies that promise a subtle and calm feeling. You can take more or less of our CBD Sleep Gummies once you’ve gotten used to them, depending on your desired effects. However, beginners may find it difficult to choose a trustworthy CBD gummy brand from the hundreds of possibilities available.
The brands listed here make some of the best CBD CBN gummies for sleep that you can find on the market today.
Top Best CBN Gummies On The Market (2022):
– Overall Best CBN Gummies, Editor’s Choice
- Batch CBD– Wide Variety Of CBN Gummies
- Pure Kana: Most Popular CBN Brand For On The Market
#1. BudPop : Overall Best CBN Gummies, Editor’s Choice
BudPop is a company that knows how to turn dreams into reality. Using hemp as their message carrier, they have made a revolution in the world of cannabinoids. If you want to experience pleasure and health in one breath or bite, BudPop is the destination that will provide the holy trio of quality, purity, and potency.
CBN is one of the newest additions on their website, which has been setting trends since the day it was launched.
CBN is a cannabinoid that is famous for its calming features. That’s why BudPop had designed the most fantastic formula when it decided to infuse CBD with CBN. Knowing that the final product of this infusion is flavorsome and healthy gummies–that first and foremost, don’t use gluten or GMOs–they are the most significant excuse possible to throw your sleeping pills away and try something different.
CBD is represented with 25 mg in the content, while CBN with 10 mg. Also, the compound is enriched with the presence of melatonin (3 mg), a substance known to impact the brain and provide better night sleep.
This full spectrum CBD gummies formula is vegan-friendly, deriving from full-spectrum hemp, and each gummy has 10 calories. Furthermore, the gummies are tested by a third-party lab, which assures the customers that they have no psychoactive ingredients, no contaminants nor synthetic catalysts utilized as compound makeup.
BudPop has a 14-days-money-back guarantee on each product, non-negotiable. Free shipping is offered for orders that exceed $50.
- Vegan-friendly formula
- Full-spectrum compound without contaminants and toxins
- 30 gummies in one package
- Third Party Testing
- Reasonable price
- A refund policy is available
- Free shipping included for orders above $50
- Suitable for sleep improvement
- Available in one taste only
#2. Batch CBD – Wide Variety Of CBN Gummies
With its effort and continuous research in the field of hemp derivatives, Batch CBD has become a recognizable brand. It’s not a surprise when the name of Batch emerges in some ultra-popular magazines that are dying to review their exotic products. It is also a vertically integrated company handling everything linked to hemp plants, literally speaking from shelf to seed.
Batch’s tasty gummy squares are the newest invention that can enhance sleep with a natural approach. The gummies are naturally flavored with raspberry that tastes and smells like freshly picked fruit from the forest. They are highly potent and highly bioavailable; you will feel the effects after ten minutes at most.
The formula is made with 25 mg of CBD and 15 mg of CBN. Other extracts that are inserted in the formula that is also proven to help maintain a great night’s sleep are passionflower extract (25 mg) and L-Theanine (50 mg p/g).
Batch offers free shipping on each order above $15. The products come with a 30 days guarantee if you want your money back.
- A specific blend between four ingredients
- Highly potent formula and highly bioavailable ingredients
- Vegan-friendly compound
- High quality Natural raspberry flavor
- Hemp grown on Wisconsin farms
- Full-spectrum CBD
- The product is third-party tested, ensuring no toxins and contaminants are present in the gummies
- Great for resting and nighttime sleep
- Poor information is given on the website
#3. Pure Kana – Most Popular CBN Brand For On The Market
Pure Kana is another runner that showed the industry what a successful business should look like. Not that it outran its competitors, but it also gathered an army of successful clients impatiently waiting for their next product promotion.
With the help of undeniable knowledge, expertise and quality-grown, harvested, and manufactured hemp, the company products have earned the adjective in the name–pure.
Pure Kana used 25 mg of CBD and 5 mg of CBN to design their latest hemp invention, suitable for a good night’s sleep. Besides these two major ingredients, the formula uses melatonin as a sleep enhancer that can speed the neurotransmitter change, resulting in optimal night sleep.
Further, extracts like ashwagandha, chamomile, and hops are infused in the gummies to make sure they have everything possible to be effective. And they are.
Each serving is infused with 25 mg of CBD per gummy, 5 mg of CBN, and 2 mg of melatonin. Furthermore, the gummies are flavored with a natural berry taste, making them extremely attractive for clients who want to satisfy their sweet tooth.
All the hemp is being sourced domestically inside the USA, and the formula is suitable for both vegans and vegetarians–meaning instead of gelatin, it uses pectin. Return and refund policies are available in the period of thirty days after you’ve ordered the gummies pack. Free delivery is included for all purchases.
- 60 gummy pieces in one package
- Amount of 1500 mg of total CBD
- Vegan-friendly formula
- No impurities were found while third-party testings
- The hemp is domestically grown and harvested
- The formula is enriched with extracts for a more authentic CBN experience
- The combination trio used to produce the product is suitable for improving sleep
- Free shipping on each order
- 30-days-money back guarantee is available
- Small amount of CBN infused
Beginners Guide for CBN Gummies
All you need to know about CBN
CBN is a cannabinoid found in cannabis and hemp plants. CBN, like its predecessors, can be infused in many forms, such as baking goods and edibles. CBN is known to have healing properties and calming effects on the body and mind. This substance is made from dried and aged cannabis or hemp plants. It can be extracted with the help of two processes: heating THC or exposing the plant to oxygen.
Know that CBN has a small THC ratio in its content. It isn’t a psychoactive ingredient, but you might feel some mild side-effects, like vertigo and fatigue at the beginning. Although certain CBD gummies may contain traces of THC, the official broad spectrum CBD name refers to the drug’s harmful effects.
CBN is legalized along with other cannabinoids with the 2018 Farm Bill. However, CBN can’t be found in every drugstore, unlike CBD. You can purchase it online or travel to an area with jurisdiction over recreational marijuana use, or simply you can get a prescription from your doctor.
Beneficial ways of using CBN
Sleep is an essential life symbol, as water is. That’s why it is essential to have uninterrupted and healthy sleep of approximately eight hours a day. The purpose of all CBN gummies available at the market right now is to improve sleeping activity. They can assist with your struggle with insomnia and help with the REM cycles.
CBN doesn’t affect just the mind with its healing properties. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect on the body, including sore and painful joints or toothaches. If the pain is unbearable, it can reduce it to an insignificant level, but also you should not leave the source of the pain untreated.
CBD, Delta 8 and Delta 9 are pretty famous for their anxiolytic properties. In some cases, it could reduce the symptoms of panic and anxiety attacks on a level of an antidepressant.
CBN is another ingredient that can serve the human brain as an attention booster. In fact, studies have shown that CBN uses unique neurotransmitter connections to deliver messages inside the brain between different brain centers.
When your focus is increased immediately, energy levels rise up. So, with that in mind, you can say that CBN has the ability of a multi-functional medicine alternative.
Although these studies haven’t been tried or proved to work on humans as well, some studies have shown that CBN positively impacts many neurological centers inside the brain in rats.
On the other hand, if CBD is used to prevent brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s, then surely CBN has similar healing abilities?
All cannabinoids are great for treating inflammation caused by different inflammatory conditions, like arthritis for example. Cannabinoids can also be a good first-line fighter against viruses and bacteria.
Food cravings are one of the most famous side-effects of all cannabinoids. That’s why CBN is a cannabinoid often used in recovery treatments for food disorders, including bulimia and anorexia nervosa.
How to dose with CBN
Experienced users might notice a slight difference between each cannabinoid, but for beginners, that will be difficult. The microdose is always an excellent point to start from. Of course, the dosage also depends on the method of taking CBN.
For instance, when CBN is being vaped, a dose of 6 mg will do the job just right. When CBN is taken orally, typically in the form of an edible, the dosage depending again on multiple factors can differ, between 6 mg to 40 mg.
How We Made the List For Choosing Full Spectrum CBD Gummies For Sleep & Insomnia?
The label of a particular product always tells us whether or not the product is worth buying. There are many companies (especially now, after the explosion of hemp and cannabis goods) when you can’t be sure if companies are being honest or are here just for profit. Many individuals use CBD to help them sleep, but you can also find CBD products that contain chemicals that help you stay active.
Pay attention to ingredients that might endanger your health, like additives, fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, CMO tissue, gluten, and possible allergens.
To find whether or not what’s written on the label is true, the company should conduct independent or third-party lab testing. This is the safest way to find out about the company’s intentions. If the products are genuine, they should have the legal amount of THC, which the 2018 Farm Bill regulates at 0.3% maximum.
Also, the results should prove that the products are safe and clean of impurities, like the one we have mentioned in the section above. All brands enlisted here have pure ingredients and are totally safe to consume.
Of course, price matters. For some, it is the most important aspect of deciding if they would buy the product or not. For us, it was also important because we wanted to make a list of CBN gummies that are tasty, helpful, and of the highest quality possible, but also cost-effective and won’t cost the customer a fortune. Given the circumstances, we think we nailed the list with our intentions.
Customers like to feel safe and protected when they buy a particular item on the Internet. That’s because online merchandising is far different from traditional buying and selling, which most of us are still used to. On the other hand, when you buy something on blind, you don’t know if the product that will be delivered on your doorstep is the same you’ve been vouching for behind the screen.
There is nothing to worry about. Each of the reviewed websites has the highest encryption possible. They all have included a refund or return if you are not completely satisfied with the delivered product. They also include partial free shipping for products above a certain amount you will spend on your order.
FAQs About CBN Gummies
How long before going to sleep is best to take CBN?
To get the fastest results, if you don’t want to roll into bed before the effects of the gummies start kicking in (which is about 15-20 minutes, depending on the content) you should take one 30 minutes before going to sleep. The content can travel first in the digestion system before entering the bloodstream.
How long do the effects of CBN gummies last?
At some point, CBN is thought to be more long-lasting than CBD. The effects could usually last for eight hours at the most.
What are the side-effects of CBN gummies?
Typically, these adverse effects vary in the same range and palette as side-effects with CBD or Delta 8 THC. The most common adverse experiences that you might experience as a beginner–or someone who exceeded the recommended dose–are dizziness, grogginess, loss of appetite and drowsiness.
But usually, these might appear only the first few days before the body gets used to the presence of the substance within its blood cells.
Can I fail a drug test using CBN?
Unfortunately, yes. Research conducted by students and scientists in Utah has shown that CBN can intersect with some immunoassays similar to THC, leading to positive drug test results. If you have an upcoming event that you are sure you will be tested on, stop taking CBN for a month prior to the event.
How long does the CBN stay inside my system?
Although it is recommended if you want a CBN detox to stop using CBN for one month (which is great if you want to cut the tolerance build-up) CBN is proven to stay in your blood within 2-5 days.
However, this average range might not be a universal measure and won’t adapt for everyone. Multiple factors can play an important role in how long CBN will exist in your bloodstream. For instance, people who practice a healthy diet or are more physically active could eject toxins from their bodies much quicker, as compared to others.
Can CBN cause a hangover?
To simplify the answer–yes.
If you have exaggerated the dose and taken more than instructed, you can experience a so-called “cannabis hangover.” It’s not a factor that will attract customers–on the contrary, it is a great alarm to hook you into taking too many gummies without control.
Are CBN gummies safe?
CBN gummies are safe to consume if they are adequately taken, and won’t cause side-effects. Maybe the first time, you will feel drowsy, but the good thing about them is that you take them before going to sleep. So no matter what you feel, you can just continue with the routine you had in mind. You shouldn’t skip anything.
Furthermore, CBN is thought of as a cannabinoid and strays away from the psychoactive ingredient that, for instance, THC has. However, these gummies are not recommended to use without a doctor’s approval, especially if you’ve had some previous health conditions or you are still taking sleeping pills.
Don’t take anything in your hand. Children, pregnant and breastfeeding women shouldn’t take these gummies, either.
Conclusion: Is CBN Good For Sleep?
CBN gummies are people’s preferred ways to get the daily dose of good sleep. These gummies are tasteful as candies and, apart from that, can be pretty helpful when dealing with some medical conditions. For instance, one of the best and most natural approaches to improving your sleep levels is taking CBN gummies. Finding the best CBD gummies might be challenging because businesses and corporations compete to sell their products to potential clients as rapidly as possible.
As you’ve seen before, these gummies are part of a unique blend between the most famous cannabinoid in the world (CBD) accompanied by the cannabinoid known to have the best sleeping and calming properties (CBN). They are enriched with the presence of melatonin, which is another ingredient known to positively affect night sleep.
These top three brands have everything you should look for when thinking about quality, efficiency, and purity. A good sleep at night lies in the next delicious bite!